Monday, February 13, 2006

Cadillac people

I went to a Cadillac club meet this weekend, it was fun, I haven't been out with them for a very long time. I met a couple people there, this one guy has like 7 or 8 1959 convertible Cadillacs, all varying models. He inherited them from his dad, who has passed away. And none of his children like them. He was talking about selling off most of them. I guess they are all in storage in Wisconsin? I guess he also had a '36 Ford, and he was talking about how it would be fun to ship it to Europe and do one of these car tours over there. We were discussing how people here seem to have lost their interest in old cars. It's no longer special to drive around in your old car because no one seems to appreciate it.

I met another guy who has a 53 Cadillac that is also out of state, again in the Midwest and again he lives in both SF and there. I wonder if they knew each other...His name was Bob, he was an interesting guy.

No comments: